Frequently Asked Questions

How can I get an insurance quote from the Powersports Insurance Agency?

You can get your insurance quote by completing our secure online application.  It only takes a few minutes and your information is secure.  We will immediately go to work finding you the best price and coverage.  You can also call us at 518-725-7000.

What products does the Powersports Insurance Agency specialize insuring?

We specialize writing insurance on anything fun.  We can cover any type of on or off-road motorcycle including scooters, mopeds, as well as snowmobiles and snow bikes. We insure golf carts and electric vehicles.  All types of ATV’s including side-by-sides, UTV’s and three wheelers.  We also insure almost any type of watercraft including personal watercraft. We insure RV’s, motorhomes, travel trailers, as well as mobile and manufactured homes.  We work hard to save you money.  We represent all the specialized insurance companies and know how to take advantage of all their discounts to find you the lowest possible premium.

Does the Powersports Insurance Agency also insure homes and autos?

Yes, we represent many carriers.  We can write primary homes, second homes and camps, rental properties and mobile and manufactured homes.  We also write all automobiles including classic, exotic and antique cars.

How does the Powersports Insurance Agency get the best prices on motorsports insurance?

Insurance premiums for any type of recreational motorsport can vary greatly. Here at the Powersports Insurance Agency, we are successful because we have gained a reputation for having the best pricing.  We accomplish this in several ways; we are independent agents, meaning we have access to many insurance companies, we also know the products we insure, because not only do we know insurance, we ride and operate most of the recreational products we insure.

What discounts are available to save money on my insurance policy?

The Powersports Insurance Agency knows all the possible discounts that our insurance companies offer.  Many agencies overlook discounts and actually want their customers to pay higher rates.  Making sure our clients get all the discounts possible has been the key to our success and phenomenal growth.

Do I need to insure my transport trailer used to haul my toys or is that covered on my auto insurance policy?

Damage to your trailer is not covered by your auto policy unless specifically scheduled.  We can cover for your trailer for comprehensive and collision damages including theft.  Many people think their trailer is covered and unfortunately find out it wasn’t after a loss.

Do I need special proof of insurance if I bring my motorcycle, ATV or snowmobile to Canada?

Yes. can issue you a Canada Non-Resident lnter-Provincial Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance Card.

What is Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage?

Uninsured Motorist Coverage is protection for injuries as a result of an uninsured, negligent driver. An uninsured driver is someone who did not have any insurance, or whose insurance company denied their claim. A hit-and-run driver also counts as uninsured as it relates to bodily injury.

Underinsured Motorist Coverage is protection for injuries received from an accident where the other driver is at fault and has coverage limits too low. Underinsured drivers purchase only the minimum coverage required by law, which in some states isn’t much. For example, California only requires drivers to carry $15,000 per person of bodily injury liability coverage. If a driver with low coverage limits causes you to sustain a serious injury, the available insurance benefit won’t pay all your medical expenses.

Do I need Uninsured Motorist Coverage?

Yes, approximately one-in-eight automobile drivers is uninsured. However, in some states, as many as one-in-five cars on the road is driven by someone without coverage.  If they hit you, you could be on your own for all your medical expenses.  Motorcycle Riders are most at risk because many other motorists are distracted or simply pull out in front of a motorcycle and then cause a serious accident.  Boats, Off Road Vehicles like ATV’s and Snowmobiles have an even higher chance of an encounter with an uninsured operator.

Can the Powersports Insurance Agency cover off-road vehicles converted for on-road use?

Yes we can! More than 95% of all riders and bikes – including everything from motorcycles to all-terrain vehicles (UTV’s, Side-By-Side, ATVs and golf carts) – are eligible for a motorcycle type policy. (Certain off-road vehicles converted to on-road use may not be eligible in all states.)

What is a Named Storm Deductible on a boat insurance policy?

Many marine insurance policies have a named storm deductible.  This is a higher deductible in the event of a loss to the watercraft caused by a hurricane, Tropical Depression or Storm or a Nor’easter.  These higher deductibles help insurers mitigate heavy losses during catastrophic storms.

Didn't see your question?

If you have any other questions or need further assistance please feel free to contact us by calling our friendly insurance professionals at 1-518-725-7000.

Get A Quote by Phone

Have questions or prefer a quote over the phone? Feel free to call our friendly insurance professionals at 1-518-725-7000.

Get A Quote Online

Applying for a secure quote online with Powersports Insurance Agency is easy! Simply click on the “Apply Online for a Free Quote” button below to get started!

Comments are closed.