How to protect your recreational vehicles with the right insurance.
If you own recreational vehicles, then it’s vital to ensure that you have the right insurance policies to address all your needs. As you explore your insurance options, you may be overwhelmed by the wide variety of coverages. This is why it’s important to learn more about recreational insurance and how you can customize your plan. Here’s how you can protect your recreational vehicles with the right insurance.
Which vehicles are covered by recreational insurance?
Some people are not sure what qualifies as a recreational vehicle. If you own the following types of vehicles, then you need to secure the right recreational insurance.
- Boat- Boats of 50 feet or less in length
- Personal watercraft- Jet skis and other types of personal water vehicles
- Off-road craft- Golf carts, ATVs, snowmobiles, dirt bikes, and dune buggies
- Motorhome- RVs and other types of temporary living vehicles
- Travel trailers
- Fifth wheels- Large campers that require special attachments to haul
What are the most common types of coverage?
While every recreational vehicle has its own unique insurance needs, there are some standard coverages that policyholders need to secure. For instance, people who own boats and other types of personal watercraft should at least secure liability and uninsured watercraft coverage. Motorhome, off-road craft, travel trailer, and fifth wheel owners should look into comprehensive, collision, liability, uninsured/underinsured motorist, and vacation liability insurance.
In addition to these base coverages, recreational vehicle owners can choose from a wide range of additional insurance options to customize their coverage plan. For instance, recreational vehicle owners add the following coverages to their existing policies:
- Accessory, custom parts, and equipment insurance
- Medical payments coverage
- Roadside assistance coverage
- Emergency service and towing coverage
- Trip-interruption insurance
- Personal effects coverage
- Pet injury coverage
- Pollution liability insurance
This is just a brief overview of the recreational insurance options available to you. Do you have further questions about how to protect your recreational vehicles with the right insurance? If so, then contact the experts at Powersports Insurance Agency. We are ready to assist you with all your motorsports equipment insurance needs today.
Comments are closed.